μ′

I spent most of the day lying on my stomach.

Odysseus still hasn’t stopped by. -He did send some grapes over with Misenus, however.

Attached was a note:

Dear Eurylochus,

I hope that your butt is better. That is really really terrible. It made me really sad to hear that your butt was hurt. I have been really busy. Sorry I have not visited you. I hope that you like the grapes.

Your General,

Odysseus


Amazing. It’s obvious the General penned this one himself. -I guess I could take that as a sign of sincerity.

Anyway, I have a feeling that Odysseus feels a bit guilty for blowing me off right before the battle. No doubt he wanted to be seen leading the charge with Achilles. -Especially since Ajax was there.

Whatever.

In other news, Elpenor and Epieus are having troubles.

Elpenor stormed into my tent today screaming: “I can’t do it anymore! I just can’t work with that pompous asshole. I won’t do it. Who does he think he is?!”

When I calmed Elpenor down, he explained that "the pompous asshole" was Epieus. According to Elpenor, Epieus has been acting like “Zeus’ gift to men” ever since he won the Patroclus Honor Games boxing match.

I tried to change his mind, but Elpenor was adamant. When I reminded Elpenor his duty was an order and not a request, tears welled up in his eyes and he started ranting about how I had no idea what he was going through.

Elpenor screamed he would prefer “a thousand court martials” to stepping onto Epieus’ build site again.

At that, I realized Elpenor was not ready for rational discussion. I told him to take a few days off, and that I would get back to him.

I’m sure it was just a spat.

Ironically, Epieus stopped by later this evening looking very calm. Epieus coolly explained that he and Elpenor had some disagreements, but he assured me it would have no effect upon the Wooden Horse construction.

Epeius then gave me what should have been Elpenor’s daily report in his usual mouth-breathing manner.

I really need to get those two back together again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home