ιε′

I’ve been sick as hell.

I think that it was caused by some oysters from Polites.

The morning after the battle between Ajax and Hector, Polites brought two buckets of oysters over for breakfast. I guess that they were a gift from his girlfriends. -Maybe Polites’ girls aren’t happy with him.

Misenus and I have been puking our guts out for the last two days. Yet, the damnedest thing is that Polites is completely fine. -He thinks it's fucking hilarious. Still, it probably serves us right. It is kind of stupid, eating food from the Trojans.

Anyway, everything else has been going well enough.

Some of the Minyans came back with wood yesterday, and Elpenor and Epieus have gotten work started on the Horse’s base. -It seems Epieus plans to build a big flat cart on which the horse will be standing.

I still can’t believe that we are building a fucking horse.

Odysseus has been pretty scarce. He wanted me to go hunting with him and some of the generals yesterday, but I wasn’t quite up to it. I guess that they didn’t have much luck. The fauna around here has been severely depleted by our army’s extended presence. In the end, Odysseus shot a goat from one of the neighboring villages.

They put these big fake wooden horns on it, and paraded it around camp like he had slain a Gorgon or something. It was pretty funny.

Unfortunately, I missed the ‘Feast of the Hunt’ that followed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home