ιθ′

Polites has his horse-stealing crew together. Misenus is going with them. So is Macar. I told Polites that I would rather if Macar didn’t go, but Macar is very good with horses, and Polites said that he could really use his help. I guess that he is right.

It seems that Diomedes has asked Achilles’ pal Patroclus to go with them. I am not so sure that is a good idea. Patroclus is still pretty bitter about Achilles leaving, and I am sure that he is looking forward to getting at the Trojans again.

It makes me wonder how Odysseus got Agamemnon’s approval for this excursion. –I assume that he must have. Diomedes wouldn’t be that stupid, anyway.

One of the other guys coming on Diomedes behalf is Euryalus. I don’t know much about him, but he and Polites really seem to have hit it off. Euryalus ate lunch with us today. He has a wicked impersonation of Agamemnon.

Elpenor and Epeius stopped by while we were eating to fill me in on some details regarding the Horse.

After the two of them left, Euryalus started off with a new impersonation of Epieus. I have to admit that it was dead on, and I couldn’t help but laugh. He does Epieus’ mouth-breathing lisp perfectly. Unfortunately, Polites thought that it was hysterical, and he has been doing a much poorer imitation of it all day.

The small horse-raiding troupe is meeting later this evening, and I have to admit that I am happy that Odysseus didn’t ask that I attend. I really have a bad feeling about this adventure, and I am more than content not to be a part of it.

I have come to realize that the actions of our army are dictated much more by the fragile egos of our commanders than they are by any military strategy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Monkeyman said...

vagina dentata at its finest!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is even better than the Hulk's blog!!! Kewl!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went through the whole blog - you rock - keep the good work going

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home